West Shore sits 20 metres from the harbour in the fishing village of St Monans in Fife. It is an old traditional fisherman’s cottage which dates from about 1600 and is accessed by a narrow pedestrian wynd. There is plenty of parking space on the harbourside. It has been fully modernised whilst retaining its traditional character as in the attic sitting room with its beamed ceiling which is where the fishermen used to dry their nets.
The cottage is very well-equipped and has a large secluded garden with patio area.
You enter on the middle level which has the kitchen and a separate dining room which has an open fire for colder nights and down a few steps there are 2 bedrooms one with a 3/4 bed and one with a double bed there is also a shower room with wet closet and hand wash basin. The upper floor consists of the sitting room which has Freeview TV and DVD player. The lower floor has the master bedroom and very spacious bathroom with roll top bath. Ideal for a family of 6. All linen and towels are included in the price.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms, 2 double and 1 with a 3/4 bed there is also a futon if needed
- 1 Bathrooms, 1 has a shower cubicle
- Galley type kitchen
- TV with Freeview, DVD and CD system in the lounge
- Kitchen with cooker, fridge/freezer, dish washer, washing machine
- Gas central heating
- Bed linen and towels
- Heating and lighting
- Check in time is 4 pm and departure time is 10 am
- Weekend (Friday – Monday) and mid-week short breaks are available particularly between September-May
Please note: smoking in the garden area only, the house is strictly a no smoking zone. Only one well behaved pet is welcome. there is a £10 charge.